Introducing: Oddy Uniwraps Food Wrapping Paper, A Super Handy Kitchen Equipment
I’m always looking for healthier, more eco-friendly alternatives to the things we use around our home on a daily basis. So, when I was asked if I would like to try out a sample of Oddy Uniwraps, an organic food wrapping paper, I agreed immediately. And… I’m so loving it!
Oddy Uniwraps food wrapping paper is the latest product introduced by Atul Paper Pvt. Ltd., a renowned player in stationery and paper products for the last 20 minutes. The firm sells several office stationery products under the brand name of Oddy (short for ‘on demand’).
What I love about Oddy Uniwraps’ food wrapping paper
- Though this product is termed as ‘food wrapping paper’, it is actually a multi-purpose paper, which serves several purposes other than just wrapping up food. I have been using it to line baking tins while making cakes, to pack food for the husband to take to work, and to line boxes of coriander and mint before placing them in the refrigerator. If you make chocolates at home, I think you could use this paper to wrap them too, rather than plastic wrappers. I love how versatile this product is, how handy it is in the kitchen.
- There’s no plastic or aluminium content in this paper, and it is apparently 100% organic. Studies have proved that aluminium foil, very commonly used in wrapping food, has several harmful effects. This food wrapping paper offers all of the convenience of aluminium foil, without any of its dangerous side effects.
- This product can be used as a substitute for cling film as well. Paper trumps any day over plastic cling wrap, right?
- I love the cutesy print on this paper. Call me pedantic, but using it surely cheers me up.
- This paper is completely bio-degradable. If you use it, you place a lesser burden on the environment as opposed to that when you use cling film or aluminium foil. Any little step we take in this direction is good, I believe – just imagine how much of an impact we can make on the environment if we start paying closer attention to such little things as the material our food is wrapped in.
- This product is entirely microwave-safe and can be used in OTG ovens up to a temperature of 220 degrees Celsius.
- This paper is food-grade certified. The ink used for the doodles on the paper is food-grade certified as well.
- Food wrapped in this paper stays fresher, I have noted, as against that wrapped in aluminium foil.
- I love that this paper is so easy to use. The roll that I received as a sample has an in-built cutter, so you don’t even have to go looking for a pair of scissors to cut it.
- I don’t use aluminium foil regularly, so I am not really aware of prices, but, I understand that this paper is less expensive.
- The quality of the paper is really good. You can make that out while you use it.
What could have been better?
As of now, I see that this paper is available in only this particular print. Cute as it is, it would be great to have a few more designs to choose from.
Price and availability
A 20-metre roll of Oddy Uniwraps’ food wrapping paper costs INR 199.
The product is available on Amazon.
I really liked this product, its versatility, its eco-friendliness and its ease of use. It is definitely something I would like to buy, and would heartily recommend.
I was sent a sample of the product free of cost to test and review. This is not a paid review. The views expressed herein are entirely honest, and entirely my own, not influenced by anything or anyone.