After spending a tiring day, cooking at the night for the dinner is not a pleasant thing to do. When it is summer, the task become more frustrating and exhausting. But, as you have to prepare the dinner for you and for your kids, try these easy, light and delicious recipes.
Makke di roti
Makke di roti in a new mess-free avatar by Chef Ajay Chopra using OddyUniwraps Parchment Paperis one of the most delicious and favourite Indian dinner, especially in the Norther part of India. It is a flat and unleavened Punjabi roti that is made in tava. However, preparing the bread for the dish requires a lot of expertise or it can create a lot of mess in your kitchen. Chef Ajay Gupta have developed a process to prepare these breads with ease and it leaves no mess in your kitchen. Let us find out the recipe below.
- OddyUniwraps Parchment Paper
- Half cup of corn meal or corn flour (yellow).
- Two table spoons of finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Carom seeds (1 teaspoon)
- Salt to taste
- Warm water
- Ghee or oil
- Sieve the corn meal in a large bowl.
- Add coriander leaves, salt and carom seeds.
- Now, add warm water little by little to make a smooth dough.
- Create equal and round portions.
- Now, take two portions of oddy parchment paper. Keep one round portion on the top of one parchment paper and then cover it with another.
- Place this over a rolling board and roll it gently. You will see that the dough will not stick to the roller due to the parchment paper.
- Heat the tawa over medium flame and place the rolled bread or dough into the tawa without removing the parchment paper.
- Now, fry this on low heat and flip the side to fry the other side of the roti.
- Add a little oil or ghee if you desire.
- Once the roti is cooked, remove the parchment paper and serve it with ghee or butter and onion. You can also serve it with Sarson ka saag, Saagpanner or lassi.
This is an absolute favourite dinner for most of the Indians. It is the most common form of dal in North India (Udad Dal) with the added flavour of butter, tomatoes, chillies and kasoorimeethi. Here we will see an easy but delicious recipe of Dal Makhani by Chef Niru Gupta.
- 2 cups of Udad dal.
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped ginger.
- 2 tablespoons of butter.
- 1 tablespoons of oil and Kasoorimeethi.
- 2 tablespoons of shahi jeera and 1 tablespoon of chilli powder.
- 1 and half cups of cream and 2 cups of tomato puree.
- 2 tablespoons of butter.
- 2 tablespoons of salt and 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- 2 tablespoons of salt.
- 8 cups of water.
- Green chillies for garnishing.
- Add water, salt and ginger to the dal and cook it until the dal becomes tender.
- Take a pan and heat butter and oil together. Add kasoorimeethi and shahi jeera to the pan and when they start to splutter, add the tomato puree, salt, sugar and chilli powder.
- Fry them on high flame until the oil separates.
- Add the cooked dal to the pan and bring to boil. If needed add a little water.
- Leave the pan on low flame and uncovered. Once it is perfectly blended, stir in the cream and once it is heated, serve it immediately with garnishing using the green chillies.
Masala Bhindi Recipe
When it comes to vegetarians, preparing dinner can become a more tiresome work. But, this Masala Bhindi Recipe by Chef MarutSikka and Chef Mohammad Ilyas makes your dinner menu mouth-watering.
- 250 gm of lady fingers
- 8 tablespoons of mastered oil
- 1 tablespoon of Jeera and fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped ginger
- 1 small bowl chopped onions
- Half tablespoon of haldi powder
- One and half tablespoon of amchoor powder
- 1 tablespoon of fennel powder, half table spoon of sugar
- ¼ tablespoon of pepper, 1 tablespoon of lime juice and salt to taste.
- Take a pan and heat it. Add oil to the pan and let the oil to get heat.
- Now, add jeera and fennel seeds and let them splutter.
- Add the chopped onions and fry them until the colour becomes brown.
- Now, add the ginger and add some water and stir.
- Add some haldi (turmeric) powder and stir.
- Add the lady fingers in to the mixture, add the remaining water and stir them.
- Sprinkle salt, amchoor powder, sugar and fennel powder.
- Now, add some pepper powder and stir it.
- Add the lime juice, stir and serve immediately.
Chicken Fried Rice
When it comes to bachelors and college students, chicken fried rice is most liked and an easy to prepare delicious dinner meal. Here is a detailed recipe of pure Chinese style Chicken fried rice by Vahchef.
- ¼ cup of cooked diced chicken.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of corn flour
- 1 tablespoon of oil.
- ¼ tea spoon of vinegar.
- 2 tablespoons of soya sauce.
- Half tea spoon of chilli sauce
- ¼ cup of dices peas, ¼ cup of diced carrot and ¼ cup of diced celery.
- 1 tea spoon of chopped ginger and chopped garlic each.
- 3 cups of cooked rice.
- Pepper and salt to taste
- First cut the chicken in small pieces and keep aside.
- Cook the rice and keep aside.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with salt, pepper, half egg, corn flour for 30 minutes.
- Take a pan, add some oil and heat it.
- Add the chicken and fry well. Once cooked, keep it in a bowl.
- Again add 1 tablespoon of oil and add ginger, garlic, egg and onion. Saute the mixture.
- Now, sprinkle pepper, salt, vinegar, vegetables, soya sauce and cook them until these are semi-cooked.
- Add the chicken and rice in to pan and mix them well.
- Your, quick and delicious chicken fried rice is ready to serve.
Palak Chana Dal
Once again, Palak Chana Dal by Maanasi Radhakrishnan is a vegetarian delight when it comes to easy and quick dinner recipe. It is healthy and very well accepted by majority of India as their favourite dinner. Let us find out how to prepare this Palak Chana Dal.
- Finely Chopped Spinach
- 2 tablespoons of Turmeric powder
- 250 gm of Chana dal
- 1 tea spoon Mustard seeds
- Curry leaves and finely Chopped onions
- Green chili for garnishing
- Chili powder and Grated jiggery
- Take a pressure cooked and add water, turmeric powder and salt and pressure cook the dal.
- Take a frying pan and dry fry the curry leaves, hing and mustard seeds.
- Now, add the onions and green chillies.
- Once these get well fried, add some spinach and water.
- After few minutes, add the cooked dal and also some more chilli powder, salt and grated jiggery.
- Cook this for around 10 minutes and your palakchana dal is ready.
- You can now have it with roti, paratha or rice.
Chicken Curry in a hurry
When it comes to India, chicken curry is the most favourite dinner. But, after a long day at work, you are not even thinking of going to the kitchen and cooking chicken curry is not even an option. But, this Chicken curry in a hurry by PalatablePastime will change this feat forever. Let’s have a look at the recipe below.
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1-pound boneless chicken breast (remove the skin), cut into small chunks or dices
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 1 finely chopped medium onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup of golden raisin
- 1 and half tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup of plain non-fat yogurt
- Take a large bowl and add flour, pepper and salt. Add chicken little by little and shake well to coat the chicken properly.
- Take a skillet and heat oil in medium to high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chicken and cook them until they become brown.
- Now add curry powder, stir for a while and remove it from pan.
- Now, again take the pan, add some oil if needed, add the onions and garlic. Cook them for couple of minutes and then add raisins, broth and tomato puree.
- Add the chicken in to the pan and cook for 8 minutes, uncovered in low heat until the sauce becomes thick.
- Garnish it with yogurt and cilantro.
- Serve it with rice or roti or paratha.
Jalapeno Cheese Paratha
Jalapeno Cheese Paratha by Manjula is delicious and very flavourful. This is a whole wheat flat bread with the combination of grated cheese. These can be taken at dinner or breakfast.
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- Half cup of water and half teaspoon of salt.
- 2 cups of grated cheese
- ¼ cup of jalapeno
- Take a large bowl and mix the flour and salt and add water and knead the dough for few minutes to make it soft and pliable. It is advised to do it on a greased surface and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Mix cheese and jalapeno pepper and make 6 portions of it.
- Now, take the dough and make 6 equal balls.
- Roll the balls in circle and place the cheese balls in middle and cover it by pulling the corners of the rolled dough.
- Now keep it aside to let the cheese ball to get settled.
- In the meantime, heat the skillet on medium heat.
- Now take the filled balls and press them lightly and cover them in flour from both side.
- Roll the balls to make them paratha. Keep the sealed side on top. If the dough sticks to the roller then use some flour.
- Now, place the rolled dough or paratha on the skillet and when it starts to change the color and puff up, flip the side.
- When the paratha is golden in color from both the sides, your paratha is ready and take it out of the skillet.
- Do the same process for all the remaining parathas.
- You can now serve it with vegetables, chutneys or curries.
Aloo tamatar is a flavourful spicy North Indian classic dish. It can be taken with any kind of rice and breads for the dinner. This aloo tamatarkisabji by Manjula is an easy to prepare delicious dinner recipe which will spice up your tongue.
- 3 medium sized boiled and peeled potatoes
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seed
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- A little pinch of hing
- 3 teaspoons of dhania or coriander powder
- Half teaspoon of red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ofhaldi
- 1 teaspoon ginger (finely grated)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of water
- 1/4 teaspoon of garam masala
- 2 Tablespoon of finely chopped dhania
- 1 piece of green chili
- Break the potatoes and smash them using your hand and mash them in bite sizes.
- Take a saucepan and heat some oil.
- Add the cumin seeds in the oil so that the seeds break straightway.
- Now, add some hing and tomatoes.
- Now, add the potatoes and salt and mix them well with the spices. Add some water and boil the potatoes.
- Cover the pan and let it cook in low heat for 10 minutes.
- Now, uncover the lid and mix the potatoes and mash some to thicken the gravy.
- At the end, add some garam masala, green chilli, cilantro. Now, mix the curry well and cover the lid and turn off the oven.
These are some of the very delicious and easy dinner recipes that you must try. Also, use OddyUniwraps Parchment Paper whenever needed to keep your kitchen clean. You can also use these papers for food packaging. Have a healthy and tasty dinner!
No token or token has expired.