Kamal Kakdi Ke Koftey, Lotus Stem Veg Meatballs, Oddy Uniwraps Food Wrappy Paper, Soak extra oil from fried food, Makes food healthier, Healthy Food Tip
- 1 kg Kamal Kakdi or Lotus Stem
- 2 medium Potatoes, peeled
- 6 tsp Besan or Chickpea Flour
- 1/2 tsp Anardana or Dried pomegranate powder
- Salt to taste
- Red Chilli Powder
- Green Chillies, chopped
- ½ tsp Dry Coriander Seeds
- 5 Ripe Tomatoes
- 6-8 Cloves Garlic
- 1 inch Ginger Root
- Green Chillies
- 3 tbsp Ghee or Clarified butter
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds or Jeera
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- Red Chili Powder to taste
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- 5 Cashews soaked in water and ground to a paste
- Fresh Coriander Leaves to garnish
- Fresh Cream (optional) to garnish
This is one of the best recipes in India and is healthy in all aspects. Serve this with chapatti for an explosion of taste.
- Wash and scrape off the skin of lotus stem and cut the ends. Wash again after cutting the sides.
- Grate the lotus stem in a bowl. Also grate two potatoes with it.
- Add to the grated vegetables some chickpea flour and salt.
- Also add red chili powder, turmeric powder and Anardana.
- Add chopped chilies and Coriander seeds.
- Mix everything with your hands so that it starts to stick together You are looking for a thick batter like consistency. You can add a tsp of besan to make the batter thicker. You don’t need water as the lotus stem and potatoes will have enough water to bind it together.
- Make small balls, smaller than golf sized balls. Place them on a tray.
- Fry them in hot oil till brown.
- Place them on a tray lined with Oddy Uniwraps Food Wrapping Paper which will absorb all the extra oil from the koftas and make them more crispier.
- For the gravy place tomatoes, ginger garlic and red chilies in a blender and make a smooth puree.
- In a wok or pressure pan add Ghee or clarified butter.
- Add Cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Add tomato puree.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder and let it reduce till you see ghee separating the masala.
- Add Cashew paste and combine.
- Add little water and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add koftas and continue to simmer or another 5 minutes.
- Finish with Garam Masala, Fresh Cream and Fresh Coriander Leaves.
- Serve hot with Paranthas or Roti.