No more sweet potatoes fries now. Try oven baked, savory and crispy tots. These will satisfy your craving without adding to your calories or fats. These cute little tots are ideal as appetizers or mid-afternoon shacks. Your kids will love it.
Sweet potatoes are packed with fiber and vitamins and offer a well-balanced diet. These kid-friendly tots are really addictive. You can have them as party appetizer or fun snack.
Enjoy this quick on-the-go snack by going through the recipe.
1. 3 medium sweet potatoes
2. ½ teaspoon salt
3. 1 teaspoon cinnamon
4. 2 egg whites
5. ¼ cup almond meal
6. ¾ cup bread crumbs
7. Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400 °F
2. Pierce the sweet potato with fork several times
3. Bake sweet potatoes on Oddy Uniwrap Baking sheet for 45-55 minutes or until soft.
4. Let it cool.
5. Remove the peel of sweet potatoes and mash them.
6. Add ½ tsp cinnamon and ¼ tsp salt to the mashed sweet potatoes and keep it in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
7. In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, almond meal, ½ teaspoon cinnamon and ¼ tsp salt.
8. In separate bowl, crack egg whites.
9. Roll 1 tablespoon sweet potato mixture into tot shape, douse in egg white and then roll in bread mixture.
10. Place the tots on Oddy Uniwrap Baking sheet and spray it with cooking spray to get even browning.
11. Bake at 400 °F for 45 minutes by flipping halfway through until you get desired crispiness.
12. Tots are ready to serve.
This healthy recipe will surely be a treat for taste buds.