When we think about a healthy and a quick food that we can prepare anytime with easily available ingredients, a sandwich is the first name that comes to our mind. It is a food that is generally made of two breads and some filling between them. It is taken as a light meal and is popular in all over the world. In India, the sandwich is highly popular among people who are health conscious and people with tight work schedule. Sandwiches are always a healthy option, but you can make your sandwiches crispy, hot or even cheesy. There are plenty of sandwiches recipes available and all of them come with different specialty and taste. So, let us find out 11 best sandwiches recipes from top chefs of India to let you enjoy a different taste every day!
Omelet Sandwich by Ajay Chopra
It is a quick and tasty Sandwich that is mainly made of Omelet and Bread. This kind of Sandwich is very common in India and is taken as a breakfast. So, let’s see how Omelete Sandwich is prepared.
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 Breads
- Chopped onions
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Take a frying pan and spread an Oddy Uniwaps Parchment paper on the pan. The parchment paper is used to make the food healthier and to keep the pan clean and tidy.
- Take one or two whole beaten egg while the pan is getting hot and mix the eggs in a bowl with some chopped onions, tomatoes, and some Coriander leafs.
- Add some salt to your taste.
- Use a little amount of oil and spread it on the parchment paper on the pan and let it become hot.
- Once the oil is hot enough, pour the mix into the pan and let it get cooked in low to medium heat.
- After 2 to 3 minutes, take 2 breads and put them on the top of the mix. Leave it like that for another few minutes.
- Now, fold the omelet from one side.
- Tadaa…your sandwich is ready!
Fried Cheese Sandwiches by Chef Zakir Quresh
If you had enough of traditional sandwiches, try this fried cheesy sandwich.
- 8 slices of bread
- 4 slices of cheese
- 2/3 eggs
- Mastered paste
- Plain flour
- Corn crumbs
- Take 8 slices of bread and remove the crust.
- Mix the plain flour and crumb in a bowl or plate.
- Spread the mastered paste over the bread and add a slice of cheese. Add another slice of the bread over it.
- Now, dust the sandwich on the mix and then dip it in the beaten egg.
- Pour some oil into a hot frying pan and fry the sandwich until golden.
- Cut it in quarter and serve your hot and cheesy sandwich.
Toasted bread chicken sandwich by Roopa Gulati
Well, we all love chicken and when it comes to sandwich, we will love to have some chicken in our sandwich as well. Here is a recipe (Serving for 4) of toasted bread chicken sandwich by Chef Roopa Gulati that needs a cooking time of 20 minutes plus overnight marination time.
- 4 Boneless Chicken thighs.
- 2 tablespoons of ketchup, honey, lemon juice and red bell peppers.
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar, chopped gherkins, Worcestershire sauce, chili sauce, oregano, garlic, chopped coriander, butter, oil, red chili, chopped thyme, grated jaggery.
- Salt, Paper, 1 avocado – stoned and peeled
- 2 large onions
- The first step of the preparation is to marinate the chicken with vinegar, honey, ketchup, chili sauce, garlic sauce, gherkins and Worcestershire Sauce and leave it overnight.
- Take some peppers and grill them until the skin is blackened and peel off the skin.
- Take the chicken out of marinate and cook it until tender.
- Let the chicken to cool down and slice them.
- Heat oil and butter and cook the onion until it goes soft.
- Take the remaining ingredients and stir them.
- Spread these over the bread.
- Now take the cooked and sliced chicken, pepper, chili onion and lettuce and serve it!
Peas & Potato Sandwich by Aditya Bal
It is a vegetarian delight with a very easy preparation and easily available ingredients. The peas and potato sandwich is a perfect recipe for pure vegetarians.
- Boiled peas and 3 boiled potatoes.
- 2 chopped green chilies.
- Half tablespoon curry powder and a little amount of coriander powder, red chili powder.
- 4 Chopped kaffir lime leaves and 2 tablespoon olive oil.
- 6 pieces of bread.
- Butter and salt.
- Take a frying pan and heat it. Drizzle some olive oil and add the potatoes.
- Add the peas and rest of the ingredients and cook them until the peas and potatoes are meshed properly.
- Once it cooked, let them to cool down.
- Take the butter slices and butter them.
- Add the cooked mix and add it in between the bread.
Mayonnaise Vegetarian Sandwich by Nikunj Vasoya
Again, Mayonnaise Vegetarian Sandwich is a very easy to prepare sandwich which is a pure vegetarian treat.
- Sliced tomatoes
- Tomato ketchup
- Sliced cucumber
- Chat masala
- First, remove the crust of the bread.
- Apply some butter on the bread, some chat masala, place the sliced tomatoes and drizzle some more chat masala.
- Take some mayonnaise and apply this to another bread and place the bread on top of the previous one.
- Now, again apply some mayonnaise, cha masala, ketchup and cucumber.
- Take another bread, apply some butter, ketchup and chat masala and place it upside down over the 2nd
- Now, cut it in middle and serve your fresh made sandwich.
Grilled Tofu and Paneer Sandwich by Rajat Kapoor
Grilled Tofu and Paneer Sandwich is a spicy and easy to make sandwich that can be taken as a snack or as a starter. It takes approximately 6 minutes of preparation time and the difficulty level is easy.
- Half cup of Tofu grated and ¼ cup of bread crumb
- 8 slices of bread
- 1 medium sized onion chopped and 1 green chili chopped.
- 1 tablespoon of chat masala and mint chutney and coriander 4 tbsp.
- Salt to taste.
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- Paneer and beancurd
- In the first step, take a bowl and add beancurd and paneer to it.
- Add all other ingredients to the bowl and mix it well.
- Take four slices of bread and spread the mixture evenly on them and cover them with the other 4 slices.
- Apply some butter on the outer surface of the breads.
- Place the slices on sandwich maker and cook toast them in medium hit until the color becomes brown on both sides.
Cheese and Olive Sandwich by Rajat Kapoor
When it comes to a cheesy and spicy sandwich, try this Cheese and olive sandwich which is very easy to prepare and takes approximately 10 to 11 minutes.
- 1 cup of processed cheese
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons of mozzarella cheese cubes.
- 1 cup of sliced green olives
- 8 slices of white bread
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 to 6 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- Pre heat your oven to 200’C and place the bread slices on an oven tray and bake it for 2-3 minutes.
- During this time, mix all the other ingredients and cheese in the bowl.
- Take out the tray from the oven carefully. Spread the mixture of cheese and olive over 4 bread slices and cover them with the remaining 4 slices.
- Place the tray again in the oven and cook them again for another few minutes until the cheese melt and the bread becomes golden and crispy.
- Cut into rectangles and serve hot!
Boiled Egg Sandwich by Tarla Dalal
Boiled egg sandwich is a perfect option for the egg lovers. The creamy peppy flavored will refresh your mood as soon as you give a bite on that.
- 4 boiled eggs
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise and ¼ tablespoon of black pepper
- 6 slices of bread
- Half tsp of mastered paste
- 3 tablespoon of butter
- Salt to taste
- Take the boiled egg on a chopping board and chop them into small pieces.
- Keep the bread slices in a bowl and all the other ingredients to the bowl.
- Mix them properly.
- Take 3 slices of bread on a dry surface and apply butter on them.
- Spread the egg mix on the bread slices and cover them with the other 3 slices. Keep the buttered slice downwards.
- Cut it diagonally and serve your freshly made boiled egg sandwich.
Grilled Italiano Sandwich by Tarla Dalal
Filled with tomatoes and lettuce, grilled Italiano sandwich is a healthy and nutritious option while the oregano gives the rich Italian flavor.
- 4 burger buns
- 2 cups of shredded lettuce
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano and 1 slice of pineapple
- 4 slices of mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Salt to taste
- Take one side of the bun
- Spread some lettuce
- Sprinkle a little bit of dried oregano
- Add 2 mozzarella cheese and spread ¼ cup of pineapple slices
- Add salt to your taste and pepper.
- Cover it with the remaining part of the bun.
- Now grill it to a sandwich griller until the color becomes brown and the bread becomes crispy.
VGV Vegetable Sandwich by Vicky Ratnani
With the presence of zucchini, broccoli, eggplant and topped with delightful cheese, VGV Vegetable Sandwich is a perfect option choice for veggie lovers.
- Half red, yellow and green bell peppers
- 1 medium onion
- 50 gm of yellow squash, zucchini, broccoli, few leaves of lettuce and one eggplant
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 to 4 slices of brie
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar (balsamic is preferred) and chili flakes
- 2 leaves of basil and 1 leaf of sage
- Chopped rosemary
- 3 tablespoon of cream cheese
- 2 tablespoon of plum chutney and a little tobacco.
- Trim the broccoli
- Take the eggplant, zucchini, squash and bell peppers and grill them both side and baste with herbs and olive oil
- Now take the grilled vegetables and marinate them with the mixture for about 10 minutes.
- Grill slices of bread.
- Now, make a paste by mixing crème cheese, plum chutney, tobacco, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the paste on the bread slices.
- Place few lettuce leaves on the bread and add the grilled vegetable mix and add few slices of brie cheese.
- Serve your fresh sandwich with crispy chips.
Hot Tuna Sandwich by Roopa Gulati
Egg batter deep fry hot tuna sandwich is a mouthwatering snack when you serve it with fresh pineapple salad. It takes approximately 30 minutes to make which makes it an easy option for snacks lovers.
The ingredients are given here for serving of 8.
- 16 pieces of bread slices
- 50 grams of butter and hung card
- 200 grams of Tuna fish
- One sweet lime
- 1 tablespoon of grated cheese, milk, and oil.
- Little amount of Kashmiri Mirch
- 1 tablespoon of sugar and shredded mint
- 2 eggs and salt and pepper
- First, take a round cutter and trim the bread in round shapes.
- Apply butter on each round bread slices.
- Flake the tuna fish chunks and stir in the hung curd. Now, apply cheese and other seasoning. Spread them all on the 8 slices of bread.
- Cover these with the remaining slices of bread and press gently.
- Now, take beaten eggs, milk, Kashmiri Mirch, and oil.
- Dip the sandwiches in the mixture and deep fry them in a pan until golden.
- Drain the excess oil and serve them hot with pineapple salad.
These are some of very cool sandwich recipes which are easy to prepare. As we mentioned before, use Oddy Uniwaps Parchment papers to keep your pan clean. You can also use these papers to pack the sandwiches to serve them later. It keeps the food protected from germs and healthy.