Ravadosa is a popular south Indian dosa variety. The best part of making instant ravadosa is that it does not require any fermentation and is very easy to make. Rava stands for suji or semolina. Hence this dosa is known as after one of its main ingredient.
- 1/2 cup rice flour or plain flour
- 1 single cup fine sooji (semolina)
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp coriander chopped fine
- 1/8 tsp soda bicarb
- 2 green chillies sliced fine
- Blend all the ingredients together. Add more buttermilk if necessary.
- The batter should be relatively thin (pouring consistency). Salt to taste.
- Keep aside for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Heat griddle to very hot, sprinkle some water untilit sizzles and quickly pour 1 large table spoon of batter on it. Spread by gently spinningthe griddle.
- Lower the heat and when the edges start to surgeor brown, put some oil (1/2 tsp) over dosa, and trail some around it. When the edges startto increase, ease out the dosa with the spatula under it.
- Spinthe dosa in a three-fold cylinder.
- Serve hot with onion and/or coconut chutneys. Lift with a spatula as for basic dosa.