This is a very healthy and yumilicious recipe for kids. It is gentle on calories and gluten-free treat for all.
Check out its ingredients and method of making:
1. ¼ cup of smooth sesame paste (or tahini).
2. ¼ teaspoon sea salt and little extra to sprinkle.
3. 1/3 cup toasted sesame seeds
4. 500 gms pitted and chopped dates.
5. 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
1. ¼ cup maple syrup.
2. 1/3 cup raw cacao powder.
3. 1/3 cup solidified coconut oil.
1. Grease the base and sides of loaf pan and line it with Oddy Uniwrap Baking Paper leaving sides to overhang.
2. Finely chop the dates in a food processor and add oil, salt and tahini. Make a smooth paste.
3. Transfer the mixture prepared in Step 2 in a bowl. Stir in sesame seeds and spread it smoothly in the prepared pan.
4. Place this pan in the fridge for 4 hours or until firm.
5. Remove the sesame mixture from pan and place it in baking tray lines with Oddy Uniwrap Baking Sheet.
6. Cut into squares using hot dry knife and place it in fridge.
7. For preparing cacao dip, mix all the ingredients in a heatproof bowl over saucepan of simmering water. Cook while stirring until molten and smooth. Remove from heat and set aside ro cool for 2 minutes.
8. With the help of 2 forks, turn caramel in cacao dip to coat and drain off the excess. Place it in the prepared tray and put in fridge for 10 minutes or until set.
9. Repeat the procedure with the remaining cacao dip. Sprinkle with little extra salt. Place in fridge for 30 minutes.
10. Store in an airtight container in fridge for 1 week.
This recipe is sweet and salty and can be consumed as a snack or a dessert. The maple syrup can be added to bring sweetness.
Relish this savory recipe without worrying about calories.
Subscribe to our newsletter to recieve
our news and updates by email
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER